Magnesium may be one of the most underrated minerals for your health.
Most people are deficient in magnesium. Although it is important to note that Magnesium’s co-factors are Potassium and Sodium. Trace minerals are essential for life, important in every organ function of the body. Any minerals that you can get from food sources, rather than supplementing, are always a better choice.
Magnesium rich foods include:
- Pumpkin seeds
There are many forms of Magnesium. We love the Mag Advocacy group for sharing the following info on type:
- Chloride: detoxing (see more below) metabolism, kidney function
- Citrate: Not recommeded as it interferes with cerulopasmin and cause iron dysregulation
- Glycinate: relaxing, good absorption rate, good for leaky gut and nerve pain
- Malate: Energizing, good for fibromyalgia and muscle pain (back pain)
- Oxide: Good only in small doses throughout the day
- Sulfate: small oral doses and best in a bath (please research if you don’t tolerate sulfur/sulfa)
- Taurate & Orotate: good for cardiovascular health
- Threonate: Good for brain / neuro conditions, brain injuries, PTSD, depression, anxiety
Another option of provding magnesium is to use topic methods. Topical Magnesium Oil has been proven to be an effective application method mainly is often tolerated better than oral supplements by bypassing the GI tract, thus increasing absorption.
The Detox Girls love Ancient Minerals Magnesium Spray which can be found here. Every 1ml of Ancient Minerals magnesium oil has 100mg of concentrated magnesium. Compared to other magnesium brands, we provide more magnesium per millimeter of spray. Our formula is water soluble and can be diluted in water to extend the bottle lifespan, while still providing a highly concentrated solution.
Celtic Grey Salt is an amazing source of trace minerals with a higher concentration of magnesium and can be found here. Macrobiotic, Vegan, Raw, Kosher, Gluten-Free
Clean Slate is the most effective way of detoxifiying and regenerating the body. Trace minerals are embedded in Clean Slate in order to support the body’s regeneration process. If you are interested in more detox information, please see our Blog: Detox 101. If you are interested in Clean Slate, it does require a referral code and can be found here.
Looking for a prenatal that includes trace minerals, give this one a try.